What is a student session?
Local high school and college of technology students will assume that they are the future leaders of the Futaba area, and think about what they should do now in order to bring about a desirable future for the area.
Based on statistical data and objective information on the reconstruction of the Futaba area and the decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant, participants will observe the current situation in the difficult-to-return zone and reconstruction efforts at the site, After the tour, group discussions will be held on the basis of the difference between “the future that would have happened if nothing had been done” and “the future as envisioned by the participants”. (Backcasting from the ideal future)
Summary of the event
Student Session “Thinking with Students – Futaba Future Workshop
|Dates||August 5 (Sat.) and 6 (Sun.), 2023|
|Objective||1F arouse interest in and promote understanding of decommissioning of nuclear power plants x Listen carefully to the voices of local high school students|
|Place||Futaba Town Industrial Exchange Center (F-BICC), etc.|
|Participation||Target: High school and college of technology students in Fukushima Prefecture|
|Organized||Nuclear Damage Liability and Decommissioning Support Organization (NDF)|
Saturday, August 5, 2023
Visit the Great East Japan Earthquake and Nuclear Disaster Museum and participate in fieldwork
Sunday, August 6, 2023
Futaba Future Workshop
- ecture on the status of reconstruction in Futaba area (tentative)
- Lecture on decommissioning of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (tentative)
- Write down what you want to know about decommissioning (fill out questionnaire) and answer
- Write down what you want to achieve in the future (based on the lecture in the morning)
- Policy proposal “What kind of policies should be implemented from now on?
- Presentations and exchange of opinions on the proposals from the future generation
For those who wish to participate in the student sessions
Registration will start around early May 2023 (details will be posted on the website as soon as possible)